Close Menu
Starting School

Most of our children start school in P1. For all children's enrolment procedures please see information detailed in our section on ENROLMENT.

Some children join our school from other schools in Scotland at other stages in their primary education. This process for moving school is very simple and can be done through Glasgow City Council's websire at

Many children join us from overseas.

If you are a Foreign National wishing to enrol your child in Oakgrove after you have applied online you will be asked to present the following documents your catchment school's office:

  • Proof of UK Residence / Address ( e.g. tenancy agreement )
  • Work Permit / Prof of Study ( e.g. matriculation documents )
  • Passports/visas for you and your child(ren)
  • Resident Permit for you and your children
  • Birth Certificate

The school will process these documents before referring them onto the EAL service for approval.

This process usually takes 2-3 working days.

If you live outside the school’s catchment area you will need to make a Placing Request. Placing Requests can also be made online at Glasgow City Council's website under the Schools section.